Hosting with GoDaddy

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:28

Hosting with GoDaddy

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi,

Has anyone had experience hosting Sitefinity 5/6 with GoDaddy?
We are looking to build a new Sitefinity website and use an external hosting company.

Thank you!

OT

Go Daddy does not support FULL TRUST for ASP.NET web sites.

I would go with www.smarterasp.net.  Hope this helps.

Craig

I have experience with GoDaddy using a few different hosting plans (shared, dedicated, etc.) and I did not find that it performed very well especially if you don't keep the Sitefinity application pool warm.  In fact, they caused me a headache when the cancelled their virtual dedicated server option.  The server speed just wasn't good enough.  I highly suggest using Amazon's EC2 Services.  They have Windows IIS/SQL images ready to go and you can be up and running in less than an hour.  Finally I ended up using an m1.medium server type.  It costs about $65 a month but it performs well compared to their lower end options.  I'm running 7 web sites on that virtual machine with no performance issues at all.

John,

There's a listing of official Sitefinity Hosting Partners; any of them should be able to take care of you but, personally, I use Arvixe. (I run on a VPS but I've seen plenty of sites run just fine on their shared accounts.)

The important thing is running in "full trust"...finding a shared host that lets you do that (outside of the hosting partners) can be rough.

Thanks for all your comments. This is very helpful!

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2013 00:00

Dear John

I went the same way as Tim and run different VPS Servers with Arvixe. The new servers they set up now are 2012. Love the service they provide and never have regreted going from shared to own VPS Servers.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2013 00:00

I run my sites on Azure Websites with a reserved instance. (Not the cloud services option)
Works really well.

This thread is closed