Don't see Project Manager on dashboard

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:53

Don't see Project Manager on dashboard

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2013 00:00

I'm about to migrate my 3.7 site to v.5, and I cannot find a link to the Project Manager on the dashboard. Is it disabled? Do I need to download it separately? Please advise.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2013 00:00

Dear Christopher

The Projectmanager is not on the web (site) its local on your computer and you can download it seperatly from the download section. 

Sorry if I missunderstood your question.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2013 00:00

Hello Christopher,

In order to migrate to 5.x, your Sitefinity version should be 3.7 Service Pack 4. You have to create a new empty 5.x project and setup the 3.7 project for migration. The setup can be done manually or automatically using the Project Manager of Sitefinity 5.x. If Project Manager has access to the web.config file, then automatic setup with project manager is a better solution. In case Project Manager does not have access to the web.config file, you have to setup your 3.7 project manually. Here is a helpful link:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/migrating-your-sitefinity-3-7-project
Once you have your 3.7 site set up for migration, you have to copy all resource files and folders from the old 3.7 site to the new 5.x one. App_Master, App_Theme, custom controls, images, scripts and documents need to be copied manually from the 3.7 to 5.x site.
And the last step to migrate is to run the migration process. The migration process is started by the new Sitefinity 5.x. To accomplish this, open your 5.x project. On the dashboard there is a link to the migration module. Click on "Migrate your site from Sitefinity 3.7 SP4 to the newest version". You have to type the URL of the of 3.7 site and admin credentials. 
Here is a link with overview and considerations about Migration module.
http://www.sitefinity.com/resources/upgrade-center/migration-guide
Hope that this would be helpful.

Kind regards,
Miroslava
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed