Blog editing doesn't work in Sitefinity 6.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:47

Blog editing doesn't work in Sitefinity 6.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2013 00:00

Hi,

Fired up Sitefinity 6.0 and went to Blogs module and clicked on an existing blog to view the posts in admin the site errored.

So I created a new blog and had the same issue.

Any ideas? Error log:

Timestamp: 5/2/2013 10:35:36 AM
Message: HandlingInstanceID: e4ea1257-fd6f-4b23-9fd6-e84fb4dc65a2
An exception of type 'System.ArgumentNullException' occurred and was caught.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
05/02/2013 20:35:36
Type : System.ArgumentNullException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Parameter name: A name is required to construct the URL for the dialog
Source : Telerik.Sitefinity
Help link : 
ParamName : A name is required to construct the URL for the dialog
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : System.String GetNavigateUrl(Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.Elements.Contracts.IDialogDefinition, System.String, System.String)
Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.Elements.Contracts.DialogDefinitionExtentions.GetNavigateUrl(IDialogDefinition dialogDefinition, String dialogName, String parameters)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ItemLists.ItemsListBase.ConstructDialog(IDialogDefinition dialog)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ItemLists.ItemsListBase.ConstructList()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ItemLists.ItemsListBase.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Additional Info:

MachineName : AMAZONA-NT94267
TimeStamp : 5/2/2013 10:35:36 AM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=6.0.4100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/9/ROOT-1-130119644592862239
ThreadIdentity : seth.uicrew
WindowsIdentity : IIS APPPOOL\NexusChurch
Requested URL : www.nexuschurch.com.au/.../

Category: ErrorLog
Priority: 0
EventId: 90000
Severity: Error
Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling
Machine: AMAZONA-NT94267
App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/9/ROOT-1-130119644592862239
ProcessId: 8728
Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
Thread Name: 
Win32 ThreadId:6860
Extended Properties: 
----------------------------------------

Thanks,

Seth

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2013 00:00

Hello Seth,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

Unfortunately I can not recreate this problem.

Can you please provide additional information from which version did you upgrade to 6.0.4100?
Additionally please share your project and database on:

Set FTP in Active Mode!
IP address: 82.103.64.22
Username: Seth
Password: Tq#o3j]D[FR

Kind regards,
Irena Pankova
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

me too, also got the same problem after upgrade to version 6.0.4100.0

this did the trick
www.sitefinity.com/.../exception-is-thrown-when-clicking-on-an-existing-blog-to-view-the-posts-in-the-backend-afetr-upgrade-to-6.0

We are also seeing this behavior.

Have a ticket with this already solved...here's the response

How to fix the problem now?

Choose one of the following options:

1. From advanced settings UI. Go to Advanced -> Settings -> Advanced, open Blogs -> Controls -> PostsBackend -> Views -> PostsBackendList -> Dialogs -> ContentViewEditDialog on preview element and set the following properties:

ID to ContentViewEditDialog on viewProperties

Name (The name of the dialog...) to ContentViewEditDialog

Name (The command name...) to viewProperties

(please ignore that the titles of the name and command name properties are the same - this is another issue)

2. Open ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/BlogsConfig.contentViewControls.PostsBackend.views.PostsBackendList.config and change the ID property manually:

<add height="" width="" initialBehaviors="Default" behaviors="Default" autoSizeBehaviors="Default" isfullscreen="False" visiblestatusbar="False" visibletitlebar="False" params="?ControlDefinitionName=PostsBackend&ViewName=BackendBlogPreviewPostView&SuppressBackToButtonLabelModify=true&backLabelText=Back to Posts&parentId=b07c4519-1537-49a0-8e8d-7498fe41d338&parentType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Blogs.Model.Blog" ismodal="False" destroyOnClose="False" ReloadOnShow="False" id="ContentViewEditDialog on viewProperties" />

Excellent, thanks, I was just about to submit one. We are still doing testing before we push 6.0, and likely waiting for the first hotfix patch, but if Telerik takes a while to do that, it's good to know this option is out there already.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2013 00:00

Hi everyone,

@ Steve - thanks a lot for reporting the issue in first place, and helping the community in coping with that behavior.

We have released a KB article today, which addresses the issue, and will be working on including a fix for it in the upcoming releases.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2013 00:00

I'm having this same problem when I click on a List after upgrading to 6.0. It doesn't appear the KB article is 100% comparable because I can't get to the edit screen before I see the error.

Anyone else seeing this?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2013 00:00

Hi Mark,

I noticed you have since closed your support ticket for this issue. Is your problem resolved? If not please let me know and if it is would you mind sharing your fix here with the community?

Thanks so much!

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2013 00:00

I'm seeing this behavior with lists after I upgraded to 6. If there is a fix for this for Lists please share.

Thanks,
Jaime

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2013 00:00

You're right, I tweeted them about it...last week(ish) KB wasn't updated it seems

Just follow the same post but replace blog with list, it'll make sense
www.sitefinity.com/.../exception-is-thrown-when-clicking-on-an-existing-blog-to-view-the-posts-in-the-backend-afetr-upgrade-to-6.0

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2013 00:00

Seems this was not addressed in 6.1 either.  I upgraded a site from 5.2 >> 6.0 >> 6.1.  When trying to view posts I was presented with an Error: name must not be null.  After following the KB article mentioned above the issue seems to be resolved.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2013 00:00

Jonathan - I confirm that it happened for us, too. The linked article for 6.0 fixed our issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2013 00:00

Thank you Steve, your postings have saved me again. I hope telerik pays you!

This thread is closed