Upgrading from 5.4 to 6.0; error on running cms

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:53

Upgrading from 5.4 to 6.0; error on running cms

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2013 00:00

I am in the process of upgrading our sitefinity project from 5.4 to 6.0.

I download version 6.0.4100.0 of the project manager,  imported our project into there and run upgrade.

I then followed the instructions here:
www.sitefinity.com/.../upgrading-your-sitefinity-5.4-project-to-the-latest-version
I haved all the necessary references, updated the web.config and recompiled but when I run I get this exception:-
Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Events.Configuration.EventsListViewMasterElement, Telerik.Sitefinity.ContentModules" cannot be resolved.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2013 00:00

Same here.  It just happened out of nowhere.  It was working, I made a small code change, compiled... now its dead.  Reverted code change... still dead.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2013 00:00

Similar Problem for me

www.sitefinity.com/.../sf-5-3---6-0-upgrade---type-cannot-be-resolved

Update to 6.0 fails terrible on this site I am working on. Other site went smoth

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2013 00:00

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to follow the steps below:

1. Copy all dlls from the Empty folder of the Sitefinity 6.0 project.
2. Then replace the old dlls in the bin folder of your Sitefinity 5.4 project.
3. Open the project in Visual Studio.
4. Removed all Telerik references and added the new ones from the bin folder of your project.

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed