New role without permission to create Page Templates can sti

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:07

New role without permission to create Page Templates can still do so

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2013 00:00

Hello,

I have created a new very restricted role in Sitefinity 5.4 to allow users to update Lists, List Items and Content Blocks. I have deliberately not granted this role permissions to create Page Templates. However when logged into the backend pages as a user assigned to this role I still see the Design menu with Page Templates and can create a new Page Template though I can't then edit or delete that template once it is created.

Is this a bug or is there some other configuration change I need to make to prevent the Design menu from appearing altogether?

Thanks,

Chuck

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2013 00:00

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for contacting us.

I was unable to reproduce the reported behavior. I created a new role and allowed it only to edit content blocks and lists/list items. Would it be possible to check the value of the following parameter in your project:
Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Pages -> Sitemap filters ->Admin ->Parameters -> IsFrontendPageManagementFilteringEnabled if it is true, set it to false and restart the application and check again with that role.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed