HTML and other Static Files Producing an Error When Sitefini

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:03

HTML and other Static Files Producing an Error When Sitefinity Introduced

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2013 00:00

Hi-
We have an existing web site that is entirely HTML, CSS, Images, etc with no CMS and no server side code at all. In this site we have a folder off the root called /help/. In this help folder are hundreds of plain HTML files with images, etc and no server side code at all.

So we developed a new sitefinity site to replace the old static site, but we kept the /help folder at the root. Nothing in this folder is related to sitefinity, nor managed by sitefinity. All of the sitefinity site features on the front end work fine. Users can see the site and all works. But when you try to navigate to anything in /help/index.html - those give an error:
"The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred." 

We have custom errors off in web.config and have tried to turn off friendly messages in IE.

It seems like sitefinity is trying to interpret the HTML files and do something with them instead of just letting IIS handle the files.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2014 00:00

Sorry to bother you. But did you get an answer to your question here? I have a similar issue that need to publish a bunch of structured HTML files through Sitefinity.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2014 00:00

Honestly, I don't remember what we ended up doing. We deal with so many web sites and that's been over a year ago. Sorry.

Gary

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Michael,

I apologize for the late reply.

I have tested the behavior in a Sitefinity 7.0 test project and I am able to access the html files which are created in Visual Studio. Here is a short video for your reference demonstrating this. Can you please let me know more details about the issue you are experiencing. What are the steps you take on your side and what is the error message you receive.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Sabrie, 

Thanks for the post. But I have sorted it out and successfully posted the HTML files.  The reason it was not working is the files were copied to the folders at OS level instead of Sitefinity. When I uploaded the files in Sitefinity, it started to work. 

However it's a little inconvenient to upload many files in Sitefinity because  you have to select files one by one.  It seems there's no way to select all and upload them together?

Thanks again,

Michael

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Michael,

I am happy to hear that you have managed to solve the issue and thank you for sharing the information with the community.

As for uploading more than one document at once, you can select all the documents you would like to upload and then upload them. Here is a short video demonstrating how I achieved it on my side.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2014 00:00

Thanks Sabrie for the reply and the video.

In my case I cannot upload files into library but into file system through administration->file structure->create folder...

From that interface, there's no option for selecting multiple files at one time.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello Michael,

Yes, you are right. When you upload files from Administration -> File manager -> Upload, you need to select the files you want to upload one by one.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

This thread is closed