upgrade site from 4.0 to 6.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:55

upgrade site from 4.0 to 6.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2013 00:00

hi,

i want to upgrade site from 4.0 to 6.0 .
i follow 4.0 » 4.2 » 4.4 » 5.0 » 5.2 » 5.4 » 6.0 step

please tell me  how to download  sitefinity version 4.2 ,sitefinity version 4.4 
so on ..

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2013 00:00

Hi,

Just go here.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2013 00:00

hi

i upgrade site from 4.2 to 4.4

i got error 

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1733.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

tell me how to fixed

Dear Ajay

a) did you follow the instructions to the dot
b) did you bild your solution
c) did you use build or rebuild   
d) any custom module which is referencing the old 4.2 version

Markus

Dear Markus

i follow all step but it still giving same error 

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.2.1733.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Hello Ajay,

The error means that your project / solution is referencing to a specific version of the Telerik.Sitefinity assembly - for example if you have a custom module, custom class library or other 3rd party control which was built with the assemblies for Sitefinity 4.2, build 1733. In order to resolve the problem, you need to make sure that all projects within the Sitefinity solution are referencing the correct version of the dll. Another option would be to perform a bindingredirect:

<runtime>
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
            <dependentAssembly>
                <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Sitefinity" publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563"/>
                <bindingRedirect oldVersion="4.2.1733.0" newVersion="4.4.2117.0"/>
            </dependentAssembly>
<dependentAssembly>
        </assemblyBinding>
    </runtime>

Regards,
Victor Velev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

I have 6 other project in sitefinity web application .

I can update (sitefinity web application) but how to update 6 other project  Telerik.Sitefinity  dll .

Hello Ajay,

If any of the other projects is referencing the old 4.2 build 1733 dll, you will need to remove the reference using Visual Studio, add new reference to the 4.4 assembly and build the projects within the solution.

Regards,
Victor Velev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

dear sir,
i am follow your step there is one more error

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

please help

Hi Ajay,

The LoaderExceptions error can be thrown if you have mismatching references for example, when you rebuilt the project - this action removes the dlls from the bin folder and results into the exception you are getting.

Could you please check the following article which contain information which might be helpful to you ( if you have not read it already ): Also you can try cleaning up your solution and build it again.

www.sitefinity.com/.../server-error-in-firstproject-application-unable-to-load-one-or-more-of-the-requested-types-retrieve-the-loaderexceptions-property-for-more-information.aspx

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2013 00:00

hi,

i Ihave fixed above issue.

there is a problem come 

when we open site is dev then asked for ( To run Sitefinity CMS you need to activate a valid license)

tell me how to fixed
please see  attachment 

hi,

there is a problem come 

when we open site is dev then asked for ( To run Sitefinity CMS you need to activate a valid license)

tell me how to fixed
please see  attachment 

2 posts
06 Sep 2012
11 minutes ago in reply to Stefani Tacheva
Link to this post
hi,

there is a problem come 

tell me how to fixed
please see  attachment 
2 posts
06 Sep 2012
11 minutes ago in reply to Stefani Tacheva
Link to this post
hi,

there is a problem come 

tell me how to fixed
please see  attachment 

Hi Ajay,

This is not an error. Just fill out your Sitefinity login or point to a license file that you can download from your account.

dear sir,

I have  login with Sitefinity  account 

and point to a license file that you can download

it say that invalid licence.

I have sitefinity account . I am unable to find licenses key. Please help 
me how can I find it.

Thanks

If you go here you can download your license files.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2013 00:00

hi arno ,

Conversion from 4.2 to 4.4 is success. thanks

Now i want to converting it from 4.4 to 5.0

my question is  

using Telerik.OpenAccess;
using Telerik.OpenAccess.Metadata.Fluent;
using Telerik.OpenAccess.Metadata.Fluent.Advanced;

not find inside 

Telerik.OpenAccess.40.Extensions.dll

but find inside Telerik.OpenAccess.35.Extensions.

i want to convvert 4.4 to 5.0 then it need to use Telerik.OpenAccess.40.Extensions.dll.

error
The type or namespace name 'Fluent' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.OpenAccess.Metadata' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

The type or namespace name 'MappingConfiguration' could not be found (Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Please tell me how to fixed.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi,

In Sitefinity 5.0 we are using the following OpenAccess dlls:
Telerik.OpenAccess
Telerik.OpenAccess.35.Extensions
Telerik.OpenAccess.Config
Telerik.OpenAccess.MySql.Data
Telerik.OpenAccess.Runtime
Telerik.OpenAccess.Web

Note that in Sitefinity 6.0 we are using: Telerik.OpenAccess.35.Extensions as well, not Telerik.OpenAccess.40.Extensions

Please use the Telerik.OpenAccess.35.Extensions dll.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

This thread is closed