Add form responses to mail list

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:23

Add form responses to mail list

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2013 00:00

I have a form created through the form module that I want to have users fill and also subscribe them to a mailing list at the same time.  I went to "Mail Lists" and created the list and then went under it's advanced settings and added a connection source for "Sitefinity forms module".  Then I selected the form I created and mapped the First Name, Last Name, Email fields to the matching fields of the form.  Saved it and then tested.  Submitting the form generates responses via the forms module, but subscribers never get added to the mail list.

I doubt I would need them for this part, but I do have all the SMTP settings squared away as my form notifications and mail campaigns do work on their own.  Is there an additional setting somewhere to enable subscribers via forms that I am missing?

I also recycled the app pool without any luck.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2013 00:00

Wow I cannot believe this is the case, but I ran across an old post and then this PITS 

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/details/Issue=14924

So I decided to just created a mail campaign and try sending it.  It comes up telling me that I am sending to 0 Subscribers, but it does send out to the dynamic list i.e. form submissions that are tied to this list via the add connection steps.

Because it thinks there are no subscribers I will not have any stats on this campaign and furthermore I will not be able to manually remove these subscribers should I need to.  How is this feature useful to anyone?

Edit:  I did some more digging to see if I can understand how this works.  Is this correct?  When making a mailing list like I have done it will look at the form responses and treat those responses themselves as the "list" and then use the mapping rules to decide how to send out the emails?  So at any point that a response is removed from the forms module area it essentially has unsubscribed that person?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Stasey,

Indeed, currently the subscribers will not appear in the UI when you make a dynamic mailing list. However, they will still receive the email campaigns.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2015 00:00

Is there any improvements with this in newer versions of Sitefinity. It would be far more valuable to have the email tracking capabilities that campaigns provide out of the box to be part of this functionality. I feel that subscribers should be created/mapped when a mailing list is associated to a form...

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi Jonathan, 

Unfortunately, this feature has not been implemented in Sitefinity. The Feature Request was moved to our Feedback Portal, which you can find here. Please cast your vote on this in order and subscribe to it in order to increase its priority.

I am sorry for the inconvenience of the missing feature.

Regards,
Angel Moret
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed