URGENT HELP NEEDED - SITE DOWN

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:53

URGENT HELP NEEDED - SITE DOWN

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2013 00:00

Hi - I had to restart a server and one of my sites will not come back up. My developer is not available for another 5 hours. Does anyone have any suggestions. Please help.

Site note - for some reason the developer doesn't have this site setup in the project manager like the other sites.

You might check out IIS, make sure the site started.

Check out the app pools and make sure the one the site is using is running. Then try to rebuild the solution (if you can).

Thank you! That is exactly what I did about 5 minutes ago - the app pool for the site didn't restart.

I was just about to post what I did and close this out.

Thank you so much!!

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi,

If a site stops responding due to an outage restart is the first step is bringing it back online. For reasons that can cause the site to get offline I can point too high CPU utilization for w3wp process that runs this site most commonly due to performance problem on a page that receives high user load and contains user control which either performs CPU intensive operations or have another performance problem.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2017 00:00

Hello everyone, I have a similar problem, my application pool is restarted every 20 or 30 minutes without any reason, the server conditions are normal but when there is a concurrence between 30 and 40 users will start to restart

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2017 00:00

I would start with looking at your servers resources, CPU, Memory. Look at if this is something that just started and if so what changes have occurred recently or if this is a problem that has been slowly getting worse or has lead up to this current situation.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2017 00:00

@Edwin - When you say your application pool is restarting every 20 to 30 minutes, I have to wonder if it is due to the settings in your application pool.

If you open IIS, click on Application Pools node on the left, and then right-click on the application pool and select "Advanced Settings...".

Within this setting dialog I recommend modifying two settings if you have not done so already...

1. First, I would modify the setting "Idle Time-out (minutes)" and set it to "0".  This setting is normally set to 20, which mean the app pool will recycle every 20 minutes.
  2. Second, I would modify the setting "Regular Time Interval (minutes)" and set it to "0".  This setting will cause the app pool to recycle every 29 hours by default, but setting it to "0" will ensure the app pool does not recycle.  However, I would also like to mention that I have seen cases where setting this setting can help improve the stability of Sitefinity.  

These are the two settings I can think of off the top of my head.  Let me know if this helps.

I agree with Craigs first point. Except the Idil Time out means that the application will be unloaded from memory if there is no activity for 20 minutes. When someone accesses the site after this time then you get the site fired up again and the Sitefinity Int process has to go through it's start up.

For the Regular time interval I would not suggest to set it to zero. Allowing the app pool to recycle helps clear out any threads that have become orphaned or memory that has not been able to be cleared by the GC.

But I would recommend to set it to a particular time. A low activity period such as 1 am every day.

This won't cause a Sitefinity init process because IIS actually fires up a second process and directs all new requests to it and closes the old one when its finished.  But during this process the application is not unloaded from memory.

Hello and thanks for the help, but the pool keeps recycling, I was watching the event viewer and the moment the pool is recycled shows this error Message: Type is not resolved for member 'Microsoft.IdentityModel.Claims.ClaimsPrincipal, Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version = 3.5.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 31bf3856ad364e35'. Any idea of what may be going on, I'm using version 9.1 regards

This thread is closed