Cannot run startup kit in Sitefinity 6.0 SDK

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 04:55

Cannot run startup kit in Sitefinity 6.0 SDK

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Folks,

I have download and installed successfully the sitefinity in my machine and everything works fine. However, after I have activate the trial Enterprise license and copy it to sitefinity license home directory as well C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 6.0\Projects\Default\App_Data\Sitefinity  , but We have no luck to extract the startup kit and the SDK browser shows "No Licensed" , does anyone would provide advice here? Many Thanks!

Rgds,
My email is patrick.chan@team-c.com

PC

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi,

Are you by chance using Visual Studio Express? 

As a requirement you need Visual Studio ( standard edition and above ) installed ( we do not support Express editions ). 

Also, please take a look at the following post a user submitted about the same issue. It sounds very similar to your issue. Ultimately the user had to install the sdk on a machine that had a standard edition installed on it, but there are some other options that were suggested as well. You might find them useful in case visual studio express is not your issue.

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/sitefinity-sdk/can-t-run-any-of-the-samples-in-sdk

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2013 00:00

Thanks for your information. We have installed VS 2012 Premium Edition. Please refer to attached screenshots for my environment details.

Besides, even I could import the samples project from below path to Sitefinity Project Manager (refer to image010.png), I still have no luck to run it and it has network and SQL errors exception
C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 6.0\SDK\Content\Samples\asp\CSharp

Could you please advice here? Thanks.

I tried to extract the samples and get it up-and-running in a week, it would be appreciated if anyone could help, thanks!

Rgds,

PC

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2013 00:00

In order to run the samples from the SDK you need to install VS 2010.

Regards,

Bilyana
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed