Access right question : Page level and Module level editing

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:42

Access right question : Page level and Module level editing from specific role

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2013 00:00

dear all,

I am a newbie to sitefinity. i would like to know :

1 : whether each page can be only edit by different user or user within a single Site ?

2 : In a single page, we can have different widget such as news, photo and so on. can i config role A can only edit the news widget and role B can only edit the photo widget in that page ?

many  thanks !

ec

Eddie,

Sitefinity does a ton out of the box...and with custom code, you can make it do practically anything you'd ever need! Check out the Users, roles and permissions section of the docs and let us know if you have any more questions.

thank you tim, thats what i think also. that would be great if any specific URL or information can be shared to do what widget or page level security control. many thanks !

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Eddie,

Here is a great video that explains permissions that is a great start.

Here are also docs on setting permissions per pages. Widgets also provide granular permissions once you click more->permissions on each widget. 

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Svetla
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed