azure deployment

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:14

azure deployment

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2013 00:00

We have an existing website hosted up on Azure and we'd like to add a blog to it. Is it possible to add sitefinity to a sub-directory on our website rather than a sub-domain (www.ourwebsite.com\blog instead of blog.ourwebsite.com). Everything I've read so far on here seems to just indicate deploying to azure as a stand-alone site.

Also has search on Azure been fixed in the new 6.0 version?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2013 00:00

Nothing?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi,

The deployment will have to be subdomain as sitefinity is deployed to azure as cloud service which is standalone and the sitefinity instance running on this cloud service doesn`t include another sitefinity instance under the current one.

Search in Azure is not supported (its missing implementation to keep the search saved in the file system App_Data/Sitefinity/Search ).

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2013 00:00

That's disappointing, so there's no way to take the Sitefinity code installed on my computer and add it as a sub-directory to my Azure project and then upload that to Azure?

Are there any plans to support this method of deployment? I have no interest in using a sub-domain.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Daniel,

As of right now unfortunately not. To Azure, Sitefinity is deployed as an Azure web service which has to be a stand alone service. So, I guess the official thing is that we don't directly test and support for it, however, there are people who have managed similar situations with rewrites.

Checkout this stack overflow article that wants to use a similar structure between a web role and a website in Azure.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13868382/is-there-a-way-to-point-a-sub-directory-of-a-web-role-deployment-to-an-azure-web

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed