Sitefinity API documentation & personalization in conten

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:38

Sitefinity API documentation & personalization in content level

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Folks,

Recently, we have inquiry in configure personalization in content level eg. per custom news in sitefinity, However we have found it is bit challenging and thinking it is required to customize in .NET, but we have no way to find out the defail API doc.
Eg. 1) how to retrieve the current logged user and its user segment
2) how we change to default display behavior in customize module according to user segment. 

It would be great if any professional advice to do so, thank you.

Rgds,

PC

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2013 00:00

I would strong recommend the Sitefinity Personalization Module it has everything you are looking for and more.  While you can get the current user & their role i think you will be greatly limiting your capabilities, I would check out the module, it does require additional licensing. 

Good Luck

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2013 00:00

I'm unlucky to find those information I need in customize the widget and perform personalization (per content , not per page or widget) by checking the logged user's user segment, any reference docs/sample are welcome, thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2013 00:00

This post talks about how to get the current user. 

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi,

Here is some further information on your questions:

1) how to retrieve the current logged user and its user segment

- Please see attached doc

2) how we change to default display behavior in customize module according to user segment. 

This is custom work at this point. What you'd need to do is create tags or categories that correspond to your personalization segments and assign them to your news articles. Then you'd use the appropriate APIs to pull the data back based on your taxonomy and display it in your custom widgets. 

You would need to override the default widget's InitializeControls methods and modify the databinding to occur based on the designated filter.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Svetla
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed