Licence upgrade issues

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:53

Licence upgrade issues

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2013 00:00

I have started developing a site with the Standard licence but have been told it should have been the Professional licence. I have downloaded a professional trial licence and updated it on my local environment but it doens't seem to have picked up the new licence.

This is all on the Visual Studio development server, which I restart each time I make a configuration change.

The specific functionality I am looking for the the responsive design. I created a new blank project with the professional licence file and it all worked, there was a menu under Design in the backend called Responsive & Mobile design. This does not appear in the site with the upgraded licence.

Any one got any ideas on this?

Confirm that the Module is Active:
 Administration >> Modules >> Responsive & Mobile design 

Hi

Apparently it is active, along with other modules I recognize as being in Professional.

Thanks,
David

Did you change the license using:
 Administration >> Version and Licenesing
Then Activate new

You should be able to confirm which license it is "seeing"  there.

Hi

I initially activated the new license through this screen. It currently shows the edition as Professional.

Thanks,
David

Can you Deactivate the module then reactivate, sometimes that helps. The "bump" the web config

Hi

No luck. I deactivated the module, stopped the webserver, restarted site, activated module, stopped and restarted the server.

Still no menu entry.

Thanks,
David

Did you modify the web.config so the site recompiles? Like put a single space somewhere as save it

Hi

I have just tried deactivateing the module, modifying the web.config, re-activating the module, modifying the web.config. Still no menu.

If I go into a page, under the More Actions menu button, there is an option to Preview for Smartphones & tablets and it shows in a preview fine. It is like everything is installed and working, just not the menu option I need to get at.

Thanks,
David

You're not by chance using a multi-site license?  If so it might have to be Activate for each site.

Hi

As far as I know I am using the plain old Professional trial licence downloaded from the My Account area of Sitefinity.com.
There should not be any multiple sites confusing things.

Thanks again for your help
Thanks,
David

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi,

Try to reinstall the responsive design module first. Go to App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/SystemConfig.config and remove the version of ResponciveDesign:
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Scheduling" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Search" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="News" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Blogs" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Events" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Libraries" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Forms" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Lists" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Analytics" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Newsletters" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="GenericContent" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="ControlTemplates" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Migration" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Ecommerce" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="ModuleBuilder" />
<add  name="ResponsiveDesign" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Publishing" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Forums" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Thunder" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="Personalization" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="MobileAppBuilder" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="SharepointConnector" />
<add version="6.0.4210.0" name="EverliveConnector" />

Without a version Sitefinity will attempt to reinstall the module. Please note that you need to save the file, build your project and restart it by making a dummy change in your web.config file.

Go to Administration -> Backend pages and verify that the Responsive design pages look like in the attached image.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed