Sitefinity would be good if you fixed this

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:40

Sitefinity would be good if you fixed this

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2013 00:00

Every time I do a Sitefinity site I run into these incredibly frustrating issues:
  • Can add custom fields to lists, but not images or documents
  • Can add custom fields to image galleries but there is no easy way to set the widget template for the image gallery like there is for lists
  • Can create a custom module with fields and documents but can't sort it like image galleries or lists
Basically you have three things that do almost the same but none are useful without having to code. I always have to tell the customer, "Sorry, Sitefinity can't do this without  custom code".

What I find infuriating is that the solution is always a snippet of code that has been lying around for years. Why don't you integrate that code and make Sitefinity shine? It would save us hours and hours of work and would lead to happier end customers.

It would be great if this could be fixed within the next two hours as I really need it :D, but hope you do consider it as it is very absurd.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for the constructing feedback! We appreciate it! I'll be really glad to log your suggestions as feature requests in our system, but first I would like to clarify a few things:

• we have custom fields for images. What is the exact use-case you are referring to?
  • Can add custom fields to image galleries but there is no easy way to set the widget template for the image gallery like there is for lists - can you elaborate exactly what you want to achieve? How do you modify the template?
  • Can create a custom module with fields and documents but can't sort it like image galleries or lists - the dynamic content widget offers the following types of filtering (by Categories, by Tags, by Dates), or maybe you mean some other filtering?
Regards,
Jen Peleva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed