Error accessing Administration Permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:10

Error accessing Administration Permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi all,

I'm trying to access my site Administration Permissions and I'm getting the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SecuredModuleBase.GetSecurityRoots() +415
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Modules.Selectors.ModuleSelector.isAccessibleToUser(IModule module) +65
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Modules.Selectors.ModuleSelector.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +1594
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +112
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4296

I'm trying several solutions but so far no luck. 
Cheers

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi,

The error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" you are getting is pretty general, which hardly can give us any clues on what might be causing it.

Could you please open a support ticket and send us a link to your web site and backend credentials in order to investigate the problem in more depth?

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed