Backend language changes still is anoying

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:56

Backend language changes still is anoying

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2013 00:00

Just upgraded a site from 4.2 to 6.0 and let me tell you it still suprises my that it seems I am the only on complaining about this.

Site is multilingual front and has 3 backend languages.

When you change an english page you get the backend in English
When you change an italian page you get the backend in Italian
When you change an german page you get the backend in German

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_language_backend_change.swf

Now Telerik has a problem including multiple backend languages in SBE but has no problem forcing 3 different backend languages on my clients!!!!

Any idea how someone feels who speaks english has the backend language set to english and tries to change an image on a japanease or arabic page -> let me tell you this can easely turn into an adventure.

This is from August 2011!!

www.sitefinity.com/.../translation-changes-backend-language-on-pages

@Georgi - this will never get fixed might not be helpfull but true :-(
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2013 00:00

I my, almost another year later this still isn't fixed. I guess it's safe to assume this will never be fixed. Multilingual hell.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

Have you found any solution to this major annoyance?

Our client wishes to have just a single back-end language in a site with 6 languages in the front-end. One of the languages is Russian! Another is Chinese! It's quite funny watching the editors gaping at the screen and scratching their heads.

1)

I started complaining about this in August 2011

www.sitefinity.com/.../translation-changes-backend-language-on-pages

2) There is a PITS issue. Unfortunately all PITS Links are BROKEN
www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx

3) Lubomir thought it was not a feature and hoped it would be fixed in 4.3 - we are heading for 7.0

4) Georgi - We definitely include in 44.SP1 (LOL)

Bottom line

Unless you get 300 votes on the feedback forum or someone on the inside of Telerik who can put some pressure on this. 

THIS WILL NOT CHANGE

Start looking for clients with only one backend language. Sad to say.

I just wished that Telerik would open an office in Aman and one in Peking and Headquarter would have to administrate the pages in these two languages.

Even worse is that if you import a german language pack because you want some controls to be localized settings turns to german as well.

This is simply borked and in my opinion no one at Telerik wants to touch it. 

So as for me. I gave up hope and simply live with it and enjoy other new and improved features of the best CMS on the market.

But that does not mean I am happy with this.

Markus

Thanks for responding.

I, too, am afraid this is not going to change anytime soon. Mainly because all localized email notifications and error messages are considered by Sitefinity as back-end strings. So to separate these system-inherent strings from back-end labels would require some thought (guess what, it's not a problem in Joomla).

The best CMS on the market? You probably mean Sitefinity 3.7, which was not as hermetically closed as the latest versions...

No I am talking about 6.x and future versions.

Every release bring new great features I really do appreciate. But yes I am still waiting for some desperately. But good things come to those who wait.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2014 00:00

Hello guys,

You can find this bug in our brand new feedback portal. Please check the link below where you can track the status for this bug.

Sitefinity backend labels change depending on the language of the opened page

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2014 00:00

You can find this bug in our brand new feedback portal .... ... and in any multilingual version up to 6.3 :-)

Just kidding. Two likes. Thats not encouraging :-(

Markus

PS: the portal is so slow that I first thought paging is broken there too: www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_feedback_paging.swf

This thread is closed