Ever seen an issue with jquery watermark and sitefinity form

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:59

Ever seen an issue with jquery watermark and sitefinity forms in IE9 only?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2013 00:00

Our client has asked for a few changes to their Sitefinty 5.1 site.  They have a very simple Contact Us form where they wanted to save space, and therefore have the lables removed, and watermarks used.

Using jquery watermark 3.1.4, and a simple javascript widget on the page, a document ready we are inserting watermarks. About as basic as you can get.  This works in every browswer we've tested (IE 7,8 and 10, FF, Chrome, Safari) but does not work in IE9.  The watermarks appear, but then disappear once the page loads. If you focus on the input, and then tab out, the watermark then shows.

I would have thought this was an issue not having to do with Sitefintiy, but as I can find nothing like this issue anywhere on the web, was hoping the community would have some ideas.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2013 00:00

I have yet to find the cause, but was able to set a slightly delayed 'setTimeout' function to call .blur() on the inputs to the form on page load.  This 'jolted' IE9 to render the watermark in the SF Form. Slightly Odd. All other browsers had no issues and behaved as they should.

(Please note, the only time I've ever seen this was in conjunction with standard Sitefinity Forms created in the back end, hence the post here.  IE9 always worked fine for me any other time I've used watermarks).

This thread is closed