The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply afte

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:57

The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after....

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2013 00:00

I have an issues with the error 'The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after......"  I have seen this error before in the forums and have searched and looked at most of them but they do not seem to fix my issue.  I am using a Community version of Sitefinity on IIS7 Windows 2008 server.  I have a Community license and registration for MyDomain.com.  When I use the localhost or even the internal IP address everything seem to work fine.  When try to use an external DNS, such as blah.fubar.MyDomain.com, I get the 'The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after...' error when trying to publish pages.  The rest of the site seems to work fine, just can't publish or save pages.  I have even tried creating a license for blah.fubar.MyDomain.com with the same results.  I seem to maybe missing some kind of configuration somewhere, in IIS or Sitefinity, I don't know which.

Though the timeout says it is like about one minute, 0:00:59.9531106, it only take about 15 seconds for the error to pop up.

Can someone help be get past this issue or point me in the right direction?  Let me know if anyone needs more information from me.

Below is from the Error.log file:
----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 7/15/2013 6:18:03 PMMessage: HandlingInstanceID: c640f8bd-768f-4047-a074-7cec88953b42
An exception of type 'System.TimeoutException' occurred and was caught.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
07/15/2013 13:18:03
Type : System.TimeoutException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:59.9531106. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.
Source : mscorlib
Help link :
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void HandleReturnMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)
HResult : -2146233083
Stack Trace :
Server stack trace:
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.ContentWorkflows.IService.SendMessage(String operationName, Boolean isCheckedOut, Guid workflowDefinitionId, Guid contentId, String providerName, Dictionary`2 contextBag)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.ContentWorkflows.ServiceClient.SendMessage(String operationName, Boolean isCheckedOut, Guid workflowDefinitionId, Guid contentId, String providerName, Dictionary`2 contextBag)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Workflow.WorkflowManager.MessageWorkflow(String wokflowUrl, String operationName, WorkflowDefinition workflowDefinition, Guid contentId, String providerName, Boolean isCheckedOut, Dictionary`2 contextBag)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Workflow.WorkflowManager.MessageWorkflow(Guid itemId, Type itemType, String providerName, String operationName, Boolean isCheckedOut, Dictionary`2 contextBag)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Workflow.Services.WorkflowService.MessageWorkflowInternal(KeyValuePair`2[] contextBag, String itemId, String itemType, String providerName, String workflowOperation)
   at SyncInvokeMessageWorkflow(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)Additional Info:MachineName : ARKANSAS
TimeStamp : 7/15/2013 6:18:03 PM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=6.0.4210.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-130183857095126618
ThreadIdentity :
WindowsIdentity : NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Requested URL : ar.migrant.msedd.com/.../
 Inner Exception
 ---------------
 Type : System.TimeoutException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
 Message : The HTTP request to 'ar.migrant.msedd.com/.../PagesApprovalWorkflow.xamlx' has exceeded the allotted timeout of 00:00:59.9680000. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.
 Source : System.ServiceModel
 Help link :
 TargetSite : System.Net.HttpWebResponse ProcessGetResponseWebException(System.Net.WebException, System.Net.HttpWebRequest, System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpAbortReason)
 HResult : -2146233083
 Stack Trace :    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ProcessGetResponseWebException(WebException webException, HttpWebRequest request, HttpAbortReason abortReason)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)  Inner Exception
  ---------------
  Type : System.Net.WebException, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
  Message : The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.
  Source : System
  Help link :
  Response :
  TargetSite : System.Net.WebResponse GetResponse()
  HResult : -2146233079
  Stack Trace :    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
     at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout) Category: ErrorLogPriority: 0EventId: 90000Severity: ErrorTitle:Enterprise Library Exception HandlingMachine: ARKANSASApp Domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-130183857095126618ProcessId: 2860Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exeThread Name: Win32 ThreadId:2540Extended Properties:
----------------------------------------

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi Jay,

You can read this post where you will find useful information above this problem:
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/bugs-issues-/the-request-channel-timed-out

Regards,
Yavor Slavchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2013 00:00

Thanks Yavor, but none of those fixed my issue.  I did find a work-around.  Don't know if it is a proper solution, but it does fix my immediate needs and works.

I added a entry to my Host file that maps 127.0.0.1 to my Domain name blah.fubar.MyDomain.com and bound 127.0.0.1 to my website in IIS.  Everything is working and seems copacetic.  

This thread is closed