.Net Framework 4.5 Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:49

.Net Framework 4.5 Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi,

I have a version 5.0.2860.0 instance of Sitefinity running on IIS7.5 quite happily for a while now but we recently updated the server to .Net Framework 4.5 which has been causing us constant intermittant rendering issues with the site losing it's CSS. This happens through a combination of clearing the browser cache, forcing hard refreshing of the browser and soft refreshing.

Using the built in IE developer tools I can see the main stylesheet (/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/...) missing its text/css type when we lose the styles (images attached). As I haven't been able to solve the issue, I have uninstalled the .Net Framework 4.5 from the server but the issue still remains.

Luckily the server is a virtual server so we were able to restore to a previous version prior to the 4.5 update.

I was also able to clone a working instance of the server to test against and apply the .Net Framework 4.5 update which again caused the same issues.

Has anyone seen this issue before or is there any configurations I should be performing on Sitefinity to get it to successfully run with the .Net Framework 4.5 installed?

Thanks
Richard

I run all instances on 4.5 no issues

I have found that css cache profiles really screwup in IE though, do you have any set?
blog.falafel.com/.../caching-and-compression-of-static-content-with-sitefinity-5

Hi Steve,

There are no caching profiles set, everything is default. All issues were present in IE 7,8,9, Firefox & Chrome.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2013 00:00

I appear to have solved this issue by  enabling the ASP.Net v4 aspnet_isapi.dll and changing the app pool from integrated to classic.

Perhaps the installation documentation needs updating for IIS7 as it recommends setting the app pool to integrated?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2013 00:00

All my sites are running as integrated.
I am not sure what you mean by "enabling the ASP.Net v4 aspnet_isapi.dll". That sounds more the issue to me.

Hello, I am from .NET Framework Compatibility team. I'd like to understand this better.

Could you confirm that this issue happens after installing .NET 4.5.1 preview -> www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

Could you send us project that we could use to reproduce the issue? (netfx45compat at Microsoft dot com)

Thanks,
Varun

Hello, I am from .NET Framework Compatibility team. I'd like to understand this better.

Could you confirm that this issue happens after installing .NET 4.5.1 preview -> www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

Could you send us project that we could use to reproduce the issue? (netfx45compat at Microsoft dot com)

Thanks,
Varun

This thread is closed