6.1 google analytics setup

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:27

6.1 google analytics setup

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2013 00:00

When I tried to setup Analytics with an fresh 6.1 installation google sent my an text message that there seemd to be an unorthorized access from an app.

Went to google account and confirmed that this was me trying to access.

However still can not log into my google analytics account.

Anyone else seeing this?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

I just tested this on a brand new 6.1 project and the analytics module and everything is working normally.

Try deleting the analytics and dashboard permissions config and run the setup again, please. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2013 00:00

Dear Atanas

Deleted the dashboard.config / analytics is not there

same thing. browser login to analytics works. login from sf fails

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2013 00:00

Hello, Markus!
Can you check if the following link will help:
Sitefinity Analytics module - how to get it up again?

We're using the Analytics for our website and ran into some issues when we changed the password.
Hope this will help.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2013 00:00

Dear Pavel

Sorry for comming back so late. I have a different problem. I see the users but it complains my credentials are incorrect

I get an email from google

Hi Markus, 

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your Google Account - something@gmail.com. 

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt: 

This is what solved it.

Create 2-step login (text message with pin code)
Create Application-specific password

And voila it works

Markus

Hi Markus, 

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your Google Account -marktold@gmail.com

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt: 
Hi Markus, 

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your Google Account -marktold@gmail.com

Hi Markus, 

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2013 00:00

Great catch. I am not quite sure it will occur to me this is what may solve the problem.

This thread is closed