Email Campaign Performance

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:26

Email Campaign Performance

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2013 00:00

I'm pretty new to Sitefinity's email campaigns and I'm trying to find example of how well it performs with larger email blasts.  Examples of how long it may take to send out 10,000 or 20,000 emails would be particularly helpful.
I understand that this can vary between sites and it's going to be dependent on SMTP server specs, but some rough numbers would be helpful to give our sales a better idea of what they can expect from it.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Alex

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi Alex,

Thank you for contacting Sitefinity support.

Unfortunately I am not able to provide you with accurate data on email campaigns performance. As you mentioned, the speed of sending emails depends at most on the SMTP specifications.

The way Sitefinity works is as follows: it schedules an asynchronous task and starts sending the messages to the server. It updates the stats only in case there is an SMTP response on the SendMail method indicating success and that means that the email is successfully delivered to the server. The system then goes by all the queued items in the database and runs the NotificationTask to send mail. We process against different types of SMTP messages as well and any SMTP exception outside of a successful delivery is not marked as delivered.

I hope this information has been useful to you and would be glad to provide you with further help. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Vasya Stankova
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed