Child web.config settings is unable to clear parent web.conf

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:37

Child web.config settings is unable to clear parent web.config settings in Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi,
This problem is giving me hard time since few days.

I have parent web.config which is encrypted inside sitefinity  web.config application like :-

<connectionStrings configProtectionProvider="YMUKeyProvider">
  <EncryptedData Type="www.w3.org/.../xmlenc
    xmlns="www.w3.org/.../xmlenc
    <EncryptionMethod Algorithm="www.w3.org/.../xmlenc />
    <KeyInfo xmlns="www.w3.org/.../xmldsig
      <EncryptedKey xmlns="www.w3.org/.../xmlenc
        <EncryptionMethod Algorithm="www.w3.org/.../xmlenc />
        <KeyInfo xmlns="www.w3.org/.../xmldsig
          <KeyName>Rsa Key</KeyName>
        </KeyInfo>
        <CipherData>
          <CipherValue>3CuK6KT1cCsXtkQQCMgh7swtOewTj6Rqh0ud7iFRUNoWCclTgH+OIUMRMnRz60yr4a6Z6p3Z4fE3sig5zgqWPnznPdynK9J0DDC1ApvT5x/63F00ojIOF83WJJBZpOsp7p5ZIDtXVl5B30hAJ4v88KUmsKtpnGlRCvPmzt8GBCU=</CipherValue>
        </CipherData>
      </EncryptedKey>
    </KeyInfo>
    <CipherData>
      <CipherValue>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</CipherValue>
    </CipherData>
  </EncryptedData>

. I have another seperate child  application inside Sitefinity which has it own web config like :
<connectionStrings>
    <clear/>
    <add name="ABCConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=abc.ca;Initial Catalog=EFG;Integrated Security=SSPI" />
 </connectionStrings>

My questions is :-
Everytime when I  try to run this child application inside Sitefinity ,this application fails to run .  I think its trying to access the connection string inside parent web.config.
             Even when I put   <clear/>   or  <remove> as done above, why it is still try to access web.config inside the encrypted connection string of parent Sitefinity.   Is there any way to clear parent web.config  so that  child application can use its own web.config? 

Thanks in Advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sitefinity Support.

In general your scenario is expected to work, because Sitefinity supports the ASP Configuration Hierarchical Policy.Please note that your question is not Sitefinity related.

I'm sending you a link to the ASP .NET Configuration File Hierarchy and Inheritance, where you could find the best solution for you.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards, Veneta Bogoeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed