SItefinity 6.1 slow to load backend and user controls at sta

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:13

SItefinity 6.1 slow to load backend and user controls at startup

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2013 00:00

We have just upgraded from 5.1 to 6.1 and now our site is EXTREMELY slow to load each page for the first time.  Especially pages with .net user controls (frontend) and every page in the backend.  The pages take 10-15 minutes (or longer) to load for the first time. After that, they load fine until the next time the site needs to be restarted.  In 5.1 the initial load times were slow (30 seconds or more) but this is just plain STUPID slow.  Has anyone seen this?  Is there anything we can do to fix it?  This can't continue the way it is, without a fix, we'll have to drop Sitefinity as our CMS.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sitefinity Support.

In general it is not expected to have a page that loads for several minutes even if this is the first load of the page.­ Could you verify that you've followed the standard upgrade procedure (upgrade instructions) and that the upgrade of your project went smoothly (i.e. without having any issues)? Please note that performance degradations could be caused by an incomplete upgrade. Another possible cause is to have customizations (custom modules or integrations with external systems/services) which are not properly implemented and thus slowing down the speed of the site. So please provide detailed information regarding the customizations that are used in your project. Could you describe what type of content is displayed on a regular page of your site? Also what is the average size of a page? It is also important to send us more details about the specific deployment scenario (e.g. hardware, operating system, do you use NLB, etc.)? On a site note, what is the edition of the product used by?

It is recommended that you send us any error/upgrade logs that you have in order to investigate the possible causes of the issue. Any additional information would be helpful. Thank you for your collaboration.

Regards,
Veneta Bogoeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2013 00:00

We didn't have any issues or problems during the upgrade.  The site runs fine under normal circumstances, it is only the initial load of each page that is slow.  Interestingly the test site, which is an exact copy doesn't have this problem.  Today I discovered that if I go into the users administration and force logout of all backend users, this problem does NOT occur on the live site as well.  It appears to be a problem with having backend users logged in when the site is restarted.

Hello,

We have tested similar scenario and we are not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please send us detail information about the users that you used and roles that were assigned to these users? Also could you describe the exact steps which lead to the reproduction of the issue and which users are involved?

Thank you for your collaboration.

Regards,
Veneta Bogoeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I haven't been able to reproduce it on my test server either.   The accounts are just normal administrator accounts, but they had been logged in for several days continuously (and probably timed out, but were still listed as "online")  I'm going to log in a few accounts on the test servers and just let them soak for a while and then try again.

This thread is closed