Upgrading 6.0 to 6.1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:24

Upgrading 6.0 to 6.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2013 00:00

I was upgrading my 6.0 project to latest 6.1.4300 by following the instructions at www.sitefinity.com/.../upgrading-your-sitefinity-6.0-project-to-the-latest-version

The steps in 8.c and 8.d confuses me though:

8.c. Select the following .dll files and click OK:

• Microsoft.SqlServer.Types 
  • System.Net
  • System.Net.Http
  • System.Net.Http.Formatting
  • System.Net.Http.WebRequest
  • System.Web.Http
  • System.Web.Http.SelfHost
  • System.Web.Http.WebHost
  • Telerik.Sitefinity.DAM

8.d. Remove the references to the following .dll files by expanding the References folder and using the context menu of the reference:
  • Newtonsoft.Json
  • System.Web.Helpers
  • System.Web.Razor

During this upgrade, I also created a new project using the latest Project Manager (6.1.4300) to compare the files manually.

I noticed;
  1. there is no reference to System.Net in both 6.0 and 6.1
  2. The DLLs mentioned in 8.d. still referenced in fresh v6.1 install. They are not removed from the project.

Is this simply a documentation mistake, or I just misinterpret what's explained?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Osman Gormus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello Osman,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.

If you don't have System.Net in both projects (upgraded and new), you don't need to add it. As for the other three DLLs Newtonsoft.Json, System.Web.Helpers, System.Web.Razor ), if they are present in a new project, you don't need to remove them after upgrade.

Thank you for your feedback. We will discuss this with our documentation team and update the upgrade instructions. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Petya
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed