Sitefinity 6.2 (and future versions) roadmap

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:49

Sitefinity 6.2 (and future versions) roadmap

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi,

Is there a roadmap somewhere that details the upcoming features for Sitefinity 6.2? Surely you know what you're currently working on, so why not just publish it like you used to?

The next-version roadmap that used to be available at http://www.sitefinity.com/product/see-also/roadmap was very helpful in deciding whether to custom-develop a new feature, or whether to wait. Or whether Sitefinity might be a candidate for a project that required some new technology. Or what to tell our customers when they ask about new features. Unfortunately, the current, less-than specific, marketing blurb is not useful at all as a replacement.

Please bring back the old roadmap, or at least a view in PITS that lets me see what's being worked on for Sitefinity 6.2.

Edit: I should have refreshed the page before posting (the forum search didn't show any related threads). But it's good to know that I'm not the only one asking for the roadmap back: www.sitefinity.com/.../6-2-roadmap-available-

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for expressing your interest in the Roadmap. It will be available on the site as soon as it has been finalized. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2013 00:00

They annoying thing is it's likely already final :). ...just needs to be designed and pretty before it's published.  But that comes with issues too right.  Designers showed us Box being able to edit blogs and news a couple releases ago, when that clearly isn't a thing.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Anytime soon we can expect the roadmap for 6.2?

Still missing some fixes/features I hope pop up on a roadmap some day :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello guys,

The roadmap for 6.2 is available here:http://www.sitefinity.com/product/see-also/product-roadmap-6-2

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2013 00:00

Dear Atanas

I did not find the month to expect this - Is this still up for 2013, or has that not been decided.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

It is planned for this fall, I do not have more precise timespan at this point. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2013 00:00

Looking forward to it

I know that you are always trying to improve on many level. To me if you simply can reduce the average usage of RAM with each Version by 10 MB this would be sensational.

Not much talk lately about that but still is an cost issue if you run multipler sites on a VPS. 

Markus

This thread is closed