Multiple controls with the same ID error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:55

Multiple controls with the same ID error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2013 00:00

I have a local version of Sitefinity 6.1 so I can develop a custom payment processor plugin. It was working just fine until I tried to edit a product yesterday and I got this error:

Multiple controls with the same ID 'ecommrcPrdctsCntView$productsBackendMaster$ctl00$ctl00$sidebar$languages' were found. Trace requires that controls have unique IDs.

I have no idea what caused this error. Can someone help me figure out how to fix this or what is causing this so I can fix it in the future?

Trace:
[HttpException (0x80004005): Multiple controls with the same ID 'ecommrcPrdctsCntView$productsBackendMaster$ctl00$ctl00$sidebar$languages' were found. Trace requires that controls have unique IDs.]
System.Web.TraceContext.AddNewControl(String id, String parentId, String type, Int32 viewStateSize, Int32 controlStateSize) +739
System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +416
System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +499
System.Web.UI.Control.BuildProfileTree(String parentId, Boolean calcViewState) +499
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4549

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

We have encountered a similar problem before, which was caused by enabled trace logging in the web.config file. Would it be possible to check if you have that enabled and if you do, remove the following lines from your web.config:

<system.web>

<trace enabled="true" …

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2013 00:00

Hey Atanas,

That was the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

How do I trace any custom modules in sitefinity? I'm new to ASP.net and can't quite figure it out. For debugging I have just been throwing exceptions and reading whatever I output in VisualStudio. Is there a better way of doing this that wont stop the execution?

This thread is closed