Update instructions 5.4 -> 6.0 changed or wrong?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:13

Update instructions 5.4 -> 6.0 changed or wrong?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2013 00:00

Have the update instructions been changed here:

www.sitefinity.com/.../upgrading-your-sitefinity-5.4-project-to-the-latest-version

a) I did not remember having had to add some references
b) references at the bottom are out of alphabetical order (its nice to have the dlls to be added in the order they are in the bin
c) some of the dll.s do not exist in my EmtpyProject bin folder 6.0.4210

If they are correct

1) Sort them so we can follow the order when adding the references
2) Where are the missing .dlls?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2013 00:00

My bad. I was in the update sequece 5.0, 5.2, 5,4, so I though I had to go to 6.0 and not 6.1. 

However it would still be good if all the .dll would be ordered as they appear in the bin folder, makes it a lot easier to select them if there are so many.

Sorry Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Actually there was a change in the upgrade documentation for upgrading 5.4 project to version 6.1. If you are using Ecommerce module there is no direct upgrade path to 6.1 and because of this you have to upgrade to 6.0 first.

Thank you for the valuable feedback for the dll ordering. I will forward it to our documentation team and I hope that it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2013 00:00

Dear Kaloyan

Oh what a wonder - one month later the documantation team did not find the time to sort the dll order

Thank you for the valuable feedback for the dll ordering. I will forward it to our documentation team and I hope that it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

I have escalated this to our documentation team again and I will investigate why this issue is not fixed yet.

Please excuse us for the caused inconvenience.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed