update a site from 5.1 to 6.1.4600

Create a library 

Test

Created a sub library

Test 1

Added tow thumbnails settings and added those to Test librarie

Added images 5,6,7,8.jpg to Text 1
Added images 1,2,3,4.jpg to Test

In Gallery widget if choose to show from selected galery and I chosse Test images from sub galerie Test 1 will be shown as well

a) by design
b) error updating
c) my bad (once more)
d) bug

When I select Test I can set thumbnail and big size
When I select sub library Test 1 the pulldowns are empty. Did not seem to find a way to tell a sublibrary to have different thumb settings so I assumed they will be passed on to child libraries.

a) by design
b) error updating
c) my bad (once more)
d) bug

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_thumb_galery_settings.swf

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2013 00:00

Also when you reorder images you get all images presented and not only the images of the library you are in

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Anyone?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi all,

The bug has been reported. You can track it's status on our PITS.

Thank you for your feedback

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Can we get some news on this if anyone cares to fix that for 6.3. I don't want to hear in 2 month well, now its late we are about to publish.

Sorting images when you have nested libraries at the moment is UNUSABLE for end users unless the have a huge imagination and/or memory.

Markus

PS: and yes I know it has only 4 PITS votes but its a bug that makes displaing images in a gallery - as sorted in library - simply impossible.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

The bug's priority is high but we cannot give you an exact estimate for the fix. We will do our best to eliminate this problem as soon as we could, as it really renders the reorder images functionality useless.

Thank you for your attention and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2014 00:00

Dear Ivan

The bug's priority is high but we cannot give you an exact estimate for the fix.
UNQUOTE

Since you can not give me an exacte estimate how about taking a guess if it might be fixed in 2014 or if we shall tell the clients not to use the nested libraries which were introduced in 6.0 April 2013(ONE YEAR ago) untill next year.

<frustration>
Bug was in 6.1 not fixed in 6.2 not fixed in 6.3 not fixed in 7.0 -> How high can the priority be? 
</frustation>

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi all,

We have a fix ready for this particular bug. It is currently at a testing stage. It will be available for our very next release. We apologize for not including this fix for the official 7.0 version release.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ivan

This is such great news. Yeehaa!!

Im in the process of updating a lot of sites to 7.0 and some of them are pre nested libraries. So when they start using it - the can really use it.

Thanks a whole heap for getting this done soon.

Markus

Ivan

Next release as in 7.1 or as in weekly build?

Markus

Hello all,

@Markus,

it is intended for a weekly build, but complications during the testing procedures may arise, therefore the reason I cannot give an exact estimate. We will do out best to include the fix as soon as possible.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Ivan

Great!

After 1 year of bit.....g I might have to apologize since I think its not a bug but a really bad feature.

The current implantation lets you sort images in a library tree regardless of hierarchy. This might be nice if you have only about 20 images. 

Reason for this feature is probably that when you drag a gallery widget to a page and select a library you can choose to include child libraries for display. As mentioned this feature does at the moment empower you to sort any way you want it.

However in real life clients might use nested libraries like this.

-> Events
-> -> 2014
-> -> Event 2014 A
-> -> Event 2014 B
-> -> Event 2014 C

-> -> 2013
-> -> Event 2013 A
-> -> Event 2013 B
-> -> Event 2013 C

Now if he was to change the Order of Events -> 2014 -> Event 2014 A he/she would presented with all images. Which after a couple of years and number of images could make it really really hard.

I would assume that in most of the cases you would use nested libraries more to have an order in the backend. 

Therefore I would prefer to have only the images of the current library to be sortable even when this means I would be losing the ability to sort images for a gallery regardless of hierarchy.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Markus,

The input you present is what the fix will include. It will also be applicable to files and videos. The reorder will be available only in the current library you are in, be it a parent, child or grand child library.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

This thread is closed