How to check whether user has permission to view the page in

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:50

How to check whether user has permission to view the page in sitefinity 6.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi
I have a custom membership and role provider in my application . I want to check whether the logged in user from custom roles has permission to view the pages.

please help me

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello Sreeraj,

Thank you for using Sitefinity.

Provided you have configured your custom role provider in Sitefinity then you should have UI access to the roles just as you would for the default role provider.

If you haven't then you can find some useful information on doing so in this post.

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/general-discussions-/sitefinity-5-1-custom-membership-role-providers

The process has not changed and it is akin to adding a custom role provider in any ASP.NET application.

If you do, then you can go to Pages > [Page] > Permissions. If you want it per page then break inheritance and select the appropriate roles who can view the page.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed