Blogs and News preview

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:00

Blogs and News preview

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2013 00:00

We recently upgrade our sitefinity from 5.1 to 6.1.   We can not "preview" the Blog and News into
blog post and news post for preview. What is the cause for the same. Is there
any way we can preview as on 5.1. Any settings for the same ?
==============

When we create any Blog and news page item from it and use the Save as draft option,  without publishing the item, clicking Preview does not display the item on the preview page.
If item is published, then preview shows item as expected.  What is cause for the same.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Maulik,

The reason why we removed the backend preview of the blog and news posts is that the end user gets only the front end representation of the content. Provided there are applied css rules to blogs and news the backend view cannot give developers a clear understanding as to what the users are actually seeing. This is why we modified the preview button to show the article/post on a page.

Secondly, I tried to reproduce the issue you mentioned with the saved draft and everything went smoothly on my machine. I was able to see the post on the defined page. Maybe this is an issue you are experiencing. Please see the pages menu on the right of the news item editor and locate if there are any pages where the news widget is present. If you are using a custom news widget that may be the case as the preview works only with pages that have the news widget in them.

Additionally you can set the Pages where this widget can be found setting (again on the right) select a blank page that you have created for testing purpoces and view your items there.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed