Image reordering in sub-libraries: is it working as you are

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:13

Image reordering in sub-libraries: is it working as you are expecting?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi guys,
I just see that when you want to reorder images of the folder where you are in, Sitefinity get you into a page where it displays all the images of the "root" Library.
Do you think that "reorder" functionality does not work as I'm expecting, too?
Could be this an issue to report in PITS?

Best regards,
Stefano.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2013 00:00

@codicezerouno

I did ask the same question a couple of days ago here

www.sitefinity.com/.../6-1-sp1-image-galery-nested-libraries

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_thumb_galery_settings.swf

@Telerik
Sure is hard to sort images in sublibraries if you get presented all images.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi all,

Please excuse us for the caused inconvenience. The bug you are describing is logged appropriately. You can follow its progress or vote to increase the bug's priority on our PITS.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Ivan

Thanks for getting the bug on PITS  - still don't like to vote for bugs to be fixed. They should be fixed by default. Voting for feature request, that's a totally different thing.

This beeing said - reordering is usless at the moment. Kind of like - not working!

So I sure hope internally this bug gets some higher priority then it might have on the PITS list since whe have stuff there with a lot of votes that we wont see any time soon.

Markus

@marktold: Hi Markus, you're right, but I suggest you to vote it.
@Telerik: Hi, hope you consider to solve it as soon as possible.

Thanks to all.
Stefano.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2013 00:00

Let's try to get some more votes here so it realy be fixed as soon as possible.

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/details/Issue=15621

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Ivan

In 6.3 reordering images is still impossible

If you order images in master library then child image are shown
If you order images in child library then master images will shown.

Reordering is UNUSABLE!

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2014 00:00

Just voted Markus.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello all,

The bug is marked as critical in our system. Our development teams are doing their best to correct this behavior. Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Ivan

If the bug is marked as criticle how come it could not/was not fixed in 6.2 or 6.3?

For those still think PITS makes a difference, vote here: www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx

A criticle bug should be fixed within 6 month, so my hopes are to be suprised in 7.0.

Thanks for all the efford you and your team are putting into making SF even better as it is now!!

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi all,

thanks to Markus for being pressing on this issue.

Any news about that? I'm not able to check on PITS the progress. Is PITS available anymore?

My customer asked me if it is fixed. He is surprised that after several month it is not!!

Stefano.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi,

We have moved all of our PITS issues to our Portal. Our development teams are still working on the bug in question. You can find it here.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2014 00:00

Dear Ivan

PITS was not my favorit before. It was more like telling Telerik how long an issue was open. Now it seems that all old PITS links are broken. And I really do not feel like searching for stuff.

Are there plans to map the old PITS urls to the new feedback portal?

Markus

PS: This issue is 7 month old ;-( -   Always happy to get new features but sometimes having old bugs fixed would make me happy as well.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2014 00:00

@Telerik

a) any hope we see this finaly fixed in 7.0 

b) any news about the linking of PITS urls to new feedback forum?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Markus,

We are sorry for the inconvenience the issue with the image reordering in sub-libraries might have caused. Hopefully we will be able to provide a fix for our future releases.

We are also aware of the issue with the broken PITS links. You can provide us with the old links or the item IDs of your PITS issues and we will send you the links to the new feedback portal.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2014 00:00

Dear Sabrie

Hopefully we will be .....

I hate this epxression. If Telerik hopes it feels like the guy playing poker hopeing a queen will come at last. You should not poker on hope and related to this you should not hope that bugs get fixed.

Just do it as Nike would say. Its a pain and makes sublibries unusable.

Now I hope you dont get me wrong :-)

Markus

PS: Links to PITS. There must be about 1000 PITS links in the forum and at least 20 where I did complain enoght to get one. I hope I find time to find them -> which acutally spells out to -> sure not going to do that

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2014 00:00

It's looks silly that for CRITICAL BUG which sitefinity accepts, they needs counts of votes to think whether to fix it or not or increase the priority in the upcoming release on bases of that votes count. Guys this is not a feature request but CRITICAL BUG.

One more thing is that the bug status is same "Not Done" instead of even in progress which could atleast let us know that development team is actually working on it as claimed.

I am checking it from a while about fixing in future release. Don't know when eventually that FUTURE  release comes?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello,

Our developers have provided a fix for this issue and it is currently at a testing stage. If it passes all the tests it will be included either in our next internal build or in the next release. We apologies once again for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2014 00:00

So, with that being said, will Telerik post an updated fix for version 6.3.500?
Or will it only be fixed in 7.0?

Or Both!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2014 00:00

That's great. Looking for the update fix for version 6.3.5000

@kamii47

I don't think there is going to be a fix for 6.3 this being said I must say that I have mistaken the implementation as a bug rather than a bad feature.

The current implementation did let you sort images regardless of hierarchy which could (theoretically) be useful when you have a gallery widget and display a gallary with its children.

The fix, which I think is in this week's internal build will have the best of both worlds. 

No longer will be parent and siblings of the selected library be shown, but the child library images would be included. And through the grape vines I heard that this could be improved even in future releases, but that's not a given.

So Telerik - Sorry for me not realizing why this was happening but thanks a whole heap for making the changes which will improve usability for 99% of my clients.

Markus

Ok Markus.

Let's see there strategy. whether they use it as a carrot for community to go for 7.0 release or they will remove also help people already facing this bug/feature.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2015 00:00

Was this fix ever implemented? We are using version 7.?? and I cannot reorder the images in a particular album of a sub-library. Not only does reordering images bring up images from every album, I'm also not getting all of the images. I am missing about a hundred images from the latest album we uploaded. It is extremely frustrating.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi Jeff,

Here is the link where we have logged the bug in our feedback portal:
http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/101007-libraries-clicking-on-reorder-button-gets-all-the-images-under-the-top-most-pare

Fortunately, it is fixed in internal build 7.0.5101. Please refer to the release notes on the below link:
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/general-discussions-/internal-hotfix-builds#nKWqnduO402pyHkURDe25Q

Can you please try to upgrade your project to the latest internal build of Sitefinity 7.0 in order to get this fixed. Another option would be to upgrade your project to the latest Sitefinity version (version 8.2) where the fix is also included.

You may refer to our upgrade documentation for the supported upgrade procedure:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/upgrade

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

This thread is closed