Connecting to Database hanging

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:30

Connecting to Database hanging

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2013 00:00

I am trying to connect to SQL Server through Project Startup and it seems to be thinking forever. Attached is the screenshot.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello,

Can you check if a site folder was created under the /Projects folder on the file system?

If so, can you check the log files under the App_data / Sitefinity / Logs?

Have you entered the correct SQL Login information?

Regards,
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2013 00:00

It hasn't created any log files... I have entered correct SQL Login information..... No Data.Config is created. I checked the event viewer as well and no error is report.
Is there any kind of prerequisites before we try to run the sitefinity project.

I am thinking its some kind of permission problem but not quite sure...

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2013 00:00

Please check the system requirements here:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/install-sitefinity/system-requirements-

Regards,
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2013 00:00

I found that I had missed installing .net 4.5

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2013 00:00

Thanks a lot Lee!!

This thread is closed