Advanced settings not working?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:44

Advanced settings not working?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2013 00:00

I am using Sitefinity 6 and Visual Studios 2010.  I am brand new to Sitefinity.  I have been watching, and trying to duplicate,  a video called Building real-world modules with Sitefinity's new Module Builder.
In the video the author drags the categories onto a widget, followed by the tags to another widget.  He then edits them and types a name in the TITLE box.  As soon as he closes the edit box, the title he typed appears in the caegories widget.  When I do that, no title appears.

I have had the same experience trying to change font settings from with the the widget edit box.  I can put in anything I like, font color, font size, bold, etc. - nothing changes.  But if I add a CSS file at the bottom and put my font changes in there, they work fine.

What is it that I am not understanding?  Why does it work in the tutorial video but not when I try to duplicate it?  Why do the changes I am making in the EDIT box not appear on the page?

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Kevin,

I am not able to reproduce the behavior you are describing and all the fields and the values in them are properly applied to the output. If the change is not applied immediately after saving, try refreshing the page and/or clearing the browser's cache. It is important to note here that those fields come from the System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl - e.g. the base class from which all our controls inherit from. You can see the properties and the values they work with in the referred link.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2013 00:00

Thanks Pavel.  I'll try your suggestions and see what happens.
Thanks for replying!
Kevin

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2013 00:00

It seems flushing the browser history worked.  I am now able to change font colors, weight, etc using the advanced settings of my Categories.  However when I try and make the same changes to my Navigation bar, they do not work.  I change fore and background color in advanced settings, save it, but no changes occur even though what I entered is retained.

As a result I thought I would change the navigation bar through my CSS widget.  However that isn't working.  The CSSClass of the Nav bar is blank, unlike the CSSClass of a content block that says ".sfContentBlock".  I don't know what name to enter in my CSS widget to control the navigation bar.  The advanced setting for the nav bar have a field named SelectedPageTitle, but info entered in this field is not retained when I click on SAVE.

Can someone tell me what i enter where in these advanced settings to modify the fore and back colors wihtout using code behind? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Sitefinity support.

The navigation widget has class field in its editor where you can enter the class that you wish to modify with the css widget. The version of Sitefinity that you are currently running comes with our new navigation widget which allows you a lot of functionality related to implementing a template to the widget. However creating a template requires some code-behind operations.
If you wish you can try our old navigation menu and see how it behaves concerning your criteria. Information on how to activate the old navigation you can find here. We continue to support it.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2013 00:00

Thanks for the info Ivan.  It's much appreciated.

Kevin

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2013 00:00

Ivan,
I am trying to follow  the reference info you provided.  In the Sitefinity Documentation User Guide, the page entitled Old nvagiation widget has two links at the bottom - one named Style the navigation widget and one named Advanced configuration of widgets.  Neither of these links work for me.  I have tried them this afternoon in IE9, Chrome, and Firefox.  Both fail in all 3 browsers.  IE gives a 404 page not found; Chrome says oops, this link appears to be broken; and Firefox just completes and shows a blank page.

Would you please check this out?  I'd like to read those articles.

Thanks,Kevin

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the constructive feedback.Indeed the links seem to be broken. I have reported them to our Documentation team and they will fix them as soon as they can.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

This thread is closed