Content Block Permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:48

Content Block Permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2013 00:00

Does anyone knows why my content block doesn't allow me to set permissions?
I am using Sitefinity version 6.1 small business editions.

Hello,

I tried to reproduce the issue on a plain project version 6.1 but to no avail.

Please check the role of the user you are trying to view Permissions of the content block with - only administrators and owners should be able to view the permissions for the widget. 

Regards,
Veronica
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,
Thanks for replying.
Weird.. I am login as administrator role and I could not see the permission option. Is this something to do with the small business editions? Granular Permissions not supported?
I do not seems to have this problem in the past, and I have did a upgrade to my project recently from ver 5.3 to 6.1

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi,

It seems there is a problem with your upgrade as normally there is no limitation by license to view the Granular Permissions as administrator.

The best way to verify whether the upgrade was successfully is to check the version of the project in the Version & Licensing page. You can also check whether the build number for the modules in the SystemConfig is the same as in the Version & Licensing page. Also please take a look at the UpgradeTrace.log located in ~App_Data\Sitefinity\Logs and check whether there are errors after the upgrade.

Regards,
Veronica
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2013 00:00

I've create a new project. Sitefinity 6.1. This one is not an upgrade. But all I see for my content blocks is what is in the first message's image. How does one load permissions or where is it supposed to be?

Just read another thread. Am I able to have a content block display by role or by permission? I'd like some blocks to only show if the user has the permission.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2013 00:00

@Rayan

SBE simpley does NOT have granular permissions

www.sitefinity.com/.../cms-features-list

End of strory

Markus

This thread is closed