XML Sitemap in Sitefinity 6

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:39

XML Sitemap in Sitefinity 6

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2013 00:00

How do you generate an XML Sitemap in Sitefinity 6? I see there was a control you could download for versions 4 and 5 (enterprisefinity.com/.../sitemap-generator), but it is not available for 6. 

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2013 00:00

I believe there's an SDK sample which generates one too

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2013 00:00

I use that generator on version 6.X all you need to do is add these assembly binding redirects.

<runtime>
       <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
       <dependentAssembly>
                   <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Sitefinity" publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563" culture="neutral" />
           <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-65535.65535.65535.65535" newVersion="6.1.4300.0" />
           </dependentAssembly>
        <dependentAssembly>
               <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Model" publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563" culture="neutral" />
               <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-65535.65535.65535.65535" newVersion="6.1.4300.0" />
           </dependentAssembly>
           <dependentAssembly>
               <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Web.UI" publicKeyToken="121fae78165ba3d4" culture="neutral" />
               <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-65535.65535.65535.65535" newVersion="2013.1.417.40" />
           </dependentAssembly>
     <!--For Sitemap Generator-->
  <dependentAssembly
               <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities" publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563" culture="neutral" />
           </dependentAssembly>
           <dependentAssembly>
               <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.OpenAccess.Runtime" publicKeyToken="7ce17eeaf1d59342" culture="neutral" />
               <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2013.2.611.1" newVersion="2013.2.611.1" />
           </dependentAssembly>
           <dependentAssembly>
               <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.OpenAccess" publicKeyToken="7ce17eeaf1d59342" culture="neutral" />
               <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2013.2.611.1" newVersion="2013.2.611.1" />
           </dependentAssembly>
       </assemblyBinding>
   </runtime>

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

We have created a feature request. You could find its description and vote for its popularity on the following URL. When planning releases, we are always going through the feature requests in PITS and taking decision based on votes.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2013 00:00

There is a useful sample in the Sitefinity Toolkit and a helpful blog entry here
A second example you can find in the SDK which has a sample for a Sitemap module. 

When retrieving pages the api delivers all pages. Also if you have a multisite environment.
For that you can use some code like that to get the root node of your site:

// get the correct site
MultisiteContext mc = new MultisiteContext();
ISite site = mc.CurrentSite;

// get the id of the root site
Guid rootId = site.SiteMapRootNodeId;

// append pages to the sitemap
// get a page manager 
PageManager pageManager = PageManager.GetManager();

// get the pages
IQueryable<PageData> pages = pageManager.GetPageDataList().Where(pData => pData.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live);

In the query you can put in some additional filtering...
When stepping through the pages you can check if the pages have the same root node:

foreach (var page in pages)

if (page.NavigationNode.RootNodeId == rootId)

@Stefani: The feature should care for multi site environments and should also cover ignore lists or use a flag in pages telling the sitemap if a page should not be in the xml sitemap.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for sharing a solution. Your feedback is much appreciated. I will make sure that it is forwarded.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello,

I added that code to my web.config in my sitemap module sample but i am having error, my version is 6.3.

I am i doing something wrong?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi Mo,

XML Sitemap functionality is now available out-of-the-box and I would recommend you to upgrade your project to the latest Sitefinity version following that article..

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2015 00:00

Company policies, an upgrade is not happening till sometime next year.

For now custom code is my only choice, and i need help.

Thank you 

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi,

In that case you can try this sample available in Sitefinity SDK in Git hub:
Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Sitemap (get the release version you need)

Note that this is not compatible with the build-in one, so once you upgrade you can remove that project sample and use the out-of-the-box one.

I hope the information above was useful.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2015 00:00

I already downloaded the Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Sitemap  for y version 6.3, 

Do i add the whole Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Sitemap folder in my project or i should just take the Module folder which contain the sitemap folder into my project?

Which files should i edit for it to work for my site?

thank you 

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello,

You can find instructions how to install the project samples in that article.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2015 00:00

I did the following as instructed 

### Installation instructions: SDK Samples from GitHub
1. In Solution Explorer, navigate to _SitefinityWebApp_ » *App_Data* » _Sitefinity_ » _Configuration_ and select the **StartupConfig.config** file. 
2. Modify the **dbType**, **sqlInstance** and **dbName** values to match your server settings.
3. Build the solution

To login to Sitefinity backend, use the following credentials:    
**Username:** admin   
**Password:** password

I had few errors then i fixed them, build the solution. Run the code Server Error in '/' Application.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Mo,

The error provided means that the projects versions are different - for example your project is internal build of 6.3.50xx, as the sample is for the major version (6.3.5000). You can check here what is your exact 6.3 version. In case of different versions, you can try on a backup copy to upgrade the sample project from Sitefinity 6.3.5000 to the internal build you have. Here are the steps you can take to do this on your side:

1. Please download the project from Sitefinity 6.3.zip file (here)
  2. Unzip the archive
  3. Open the .sln file in the SitefinityWebApp folder
  4. Build the solution - the solution should be built without any issues.
  5. Open Package Manager Console window in Visual Studio and run the following commands to upgrade to the respective Internal Build:

Update-package Telerik.Sitefinity.All -Version 6.3.50xx.0 -Source nuget.sitefinity.com/nuget  (where xx is the Internal Build version). Please make sure that the Default project is set to SitefinityWebApp.
  6. After that please select the Default project to be the sitemap project (Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Common) and execute the following commands:

- Update-package Telerik.Sitefinity.Content -Version 6.3.50xx.0 -Source nuget.sitefinity.com/nuget 
         - Update-package Telerik.Sitefinity.Core -Version 6.3.50xx.0 -Source nuget.sitefinity.com/nuget 

7. Please note that there’s no need to update the Data Access packages as the internal build uses the same version.

Clear the NuGet cache files. To do this:

a) In Windows Explorer, open the %localappdata%\NuGet\Cache folder.

b) Select all files and delete them.

8. Build the solution.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2015 00:00

Thanks for your help.

I download a Sitefinity 6.3.zip file, followed the instructions.

On Open Package Manager Console, it fails to update. Saying " No update available for Update-package Telerik.Sitefinity.

Instruction 5 and 6 fail. Snap Shot attach

Thanks for your effort 

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2015 00:00

Hello Mo,

Do you have any error now when you run your project? Is it still the one you have before?

If so you can check the references to Telerik.Sitefinity.dll, readd it if needed or add a Binding redirect to your assembly version.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2015 00:00

Yes it is still the same errors i had earlier.

Now that i added a Binding redirect to my assembly version  updated to 6.3.5000.0 as the new version. 

Yet again the same error message.

Attached is my webconfig and the error message.

Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2015 00:00

Hi Mo,

Can you open a support ticket in order to inspect your project more detailed. Once you have the solution, you can share it with the community.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

This thread is closed