E-Mail Settings at one place would be nice

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:06

E-Mail Settings at one place would be nice

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2013 00:00

At the moment there are various places to set mail settings

Advanced Settings - Notifications - Profiles
Advanced Settings - System - SMTP
Advanced Settings - Security - Membership Provider - default - parameters - recoveryMailAddress

and I would not be supriesed if there were more around for E-commerce :-)

Administration - Basic lets you set the provider for newletters. would it be possible to in some way boundle the SMTP, Mail releated stuff in one place?

Markus

Hey Markus,

I think there should be indeed one place to set the SMTP settings.
In my opinion it would be best to use the Notification Profiles for this, since in that case you can create multiple profiles, if needed.

I guess that a lot of existing functionality should be rewritten to accomplish this, since it should all be based on the Notification profiles then.

But I also vote for a more generic solution.

Kind regards,
Daniel

+50

Crazy thing too is the fields in a few of the places are different as well :)  I THINK gmail smtp works on the general smtp, but not on one of the other forms (can't remember which)

@Steve: try a different port number. That worked for me :)
I know it sounds crazy...

Best,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Is there at least a matrix where you can see which settings are used where

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello guys,

I have logged a Feature Request about these settings. There is a PITS issue opened where you can track the status for this feature and vote to increase its popularity.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2013 00:00

Dear Kaloyan

Thanks for the PITS. 

Again is there an matrix showing us which settings are used where. We have various default e-mail respond addresses smtp settings and so on

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2014 00:00

Every time I set up a new project I have to remember where to set the e-mail addresses.

System - Smtp (Email settings) incl. DefaultSenderEmailAddress
Notifications - Profiles - Default
Security - Membership Providers - Default - Parameters - recoveryMailAddress

Still wondering if there is an matrix around to show us which part of Sitefinty is relaying on which settings.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

all the desired setting can be found in our documentation:

Configuring the password recovery

Set up SMTP & Email campaigns settings

For now the only available option is to configure these settings using the articles above.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed