Content in Widget Syncing

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:39

Content in Widget Syncing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2013 00:00

I am adding Content Widgets to a page and do have synchronization set up.  I was under the assumption that only adding/deleting widgets synced to translated pages and not the actual content.  When I add content to a widget that content is syncing to other languages and currently is a major issue.  Has anyone experienced this same behavior?  I can however go into the translated pages and edit the content and that content stays with that language.  With 17 different languages, that is a lot of steps to do when I only want some content on 1 particular language.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2013 00:00

I may of found a fix for this issue, but any replies are still appreciated.  Here are my steps:

1. Add Content Widget
  2. Add NO content and click Save to all translations
  3. go back in and add content in language and it will not sync
I have tested this twice with success.  If step 2 is not done, the content will sync to all translations until you physically go to the particular language and change the content.  Once you do this, that language will no longer sync.  Pretty long process to add content to only one language when we have 17 languages.  Once again if anyone else can add to this or give any other details, that would be great.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello,

I am afraid that this is the default behavior of two or more synchronized pages. When your English page and Spanish page are synchronized and you have a Content block widget placed on them, the text you enter on the first Content block on the English page will be visible on the Spanish page as well and will come automatically to it. What we can suggest you is to create your content blocks from the Content -> Content Block section, where you can create a content blog and then add Spanish translation of it. When you want to make changes to the English version of the content block you could go to Content -> Content Block find your content block, make the necessary changes and Save them. They will be visible only in the English version of the page. Please review the video I have recorded for you.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed