6.1 SP2 Redirect page to page not shown in navigation - I st

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:59

6.1 SP2 Redirect page to page not shown in navigation - I still don't get it

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2013 00:00

In 6.1 SP2 it is still like this.

Create a page that will redirect to another page.

1) make am externel link to www.thisdomaindoesnotexist.com/northispage.html
2) make am internal link to a page shown in navigation
3) make an internal link to a page NOT shown in navigation

While 1) and 2) will show up in navigation 3) will not.

So lets say I have a contact page I don't want to be shown in navigation but want to link to that page from 10 main menu items ????

Now I need to link to that page hardcoded as if was an external page. 

Can anyone try to explain to my why a redirect link to a internal publish page that is not shown in navigation should not show up in the menu?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Currently the redirect page takes into account the information from the page it redirects to(if it is a Sitefinity page). However, in the last case it does not make sense for it to behave like this.

I have verified with the UX team that this is not the intended behavior in this case and it is logged for fixing.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2013 00:00

Dear Atanas

If this is considered a bug, can you PITS it? 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

There is a PITS issue logged already. Since it has been submitted some time ago I`ve risen it`s priority.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed