SharePoint Connector - Which Server Queries SharePoint?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:43

SharePoint Connector - Which Server Queries SharePoint?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

I am in the planning stages of my Sitefinity deployment.

In regards to the SharePoint connector, I am trying to determine, in a multi-server, load balanced configuration, which server will be actually making queries against SharePoint?

If I have three web servers, can I specifically tell it to only run the queries from one server?

The reason I am asking is determining which servers need to go in the DMZ vs internal. I was considering having two production load balanced servers in the DMZ and a single internal server which would be accessed only by internal content editors. If I was able to set up Sitefinity so the SharePoint connector was querying only from the internal server, that would save me from having to poke another hole from the DMZ servers to the internal network, which would save me a lot of headache from our security staff.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello Jeff,

Unfortunately, this is not possible because there is not internal logic checking which is the machine that is accepting the request.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed