High CPU% with Sitefinity in Azure

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:47

High CPU% with Sitefinity in Azure

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2013 00:00

We are experiencing issues with the CPU% being extremely high within our Cloud Service in Windows Azure.  We have been attempting to find a root cause and have yet to find any success.  Is this a common issue with Sitefinity running in Windows Azure?  Does anyone have an explanation as to why this happens (root cause) or any possible solution that would prevent this from happening.  Users experience extremely long load times, both on the front and backend pages.  Making any edits to anything in the site is difficult as well when the CPU Percentage is high.  Any help or guidance would be great!

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Jared,

I did not have that experience. I recently switched my Sitefinity sites from a Azure Website to run within an Azure VPS, so I can't compare this right now.

My experience with this Azure VPS is that Sitefinity takes very less memory and CPU usage is just fine. I configured my websites to run on .NET 4.5 and IIS8. That makes a real difference.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2013 00:00

Can you explain more about the Azure VPS?  Do you have any details on it?  Anything would help.

This thread is closed