Removing a Product from WishList once the order has been pla

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:35

Removing a Product from WishList once the order has been placed?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2013 00:00

How do i know a product has been moved from the wishlist to shopping cart
and then it has been  purchased? Actually i have to remove the product
from the wishlist once the order has been placed.

Hey Radhakrishnan,

A product will remain in the wishlist, even after purchase is complete until the order is marked from 'pending' to 'paid'.

By default, if a user completes a checkout, in sitefinity's backend (Ecommerce >> Orders) you'll see it have the status 'pending'. Once you mark it as 'paid' it will be automatically removed from the user's wishlist. They did this, so cancelled orders wouldn't remove items from the wishlist...

Jochem

Hi Jochem,
     I am using Offline payment method.So while placing the order, the order status is default y changing from 'unknown' to 'paid'.So i have to remove the product from the wishlist through coding only.How do i achieve this?

Hey Radhakrishnan,

By default, even with offline payments, the status of an order in Sitefinity's backend will be 'pending', but if you'd like to manually remove it from wishlist, this should help you out:

www.sitefinity.com/.../deleting-wish-list-details

Hi Jochem,
          Thanks for your reply.i think you did not understand my question properly. If we add a product from wishlist to shopping cart and if we place the order, then the order status is changed to 'paid'. Then how do we find the products which has been added from the wishlist to shopping cart?   After the order is purchased successfully i checked the WishlistDetail property 'PurchaseStatus' that is still showing as 'Not purchased'.

Hey Radhakrishnan,

Perhaps I am, I was merely saying "If we add a product from wishlist to shopping cart and if we place the order, then the order status is changed to 'paid'."  isn't the default behavior. The default behavior is that an order gets marked as pending. And while an order is not complete, the item will remain in the wishlist.

To your second question: Order details store a wishlist detail id, so with that wishlist detail id you could remove the product from the wishlist.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Jochem,
                 My Order details showing the wishlist detail id is as null, even though i have added the product from the wishlist to cart.

This thread is closed