Upgradation

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:48

Upgradation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2013 00:00

I am upgrading the sitefinity version from 5.2.3801 to 6.1.
I upgraded it on my development environment using latest project manager [Clicking on Upgrade option].
Now, I want to upgrade the site and database on production server.
What is the process to upgrade on production server without replacing the database.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello Aruna,

Please take a look at our Documentation on how you can upgrade the live version of your project (step 12).

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/upgrading-your-sitefinity-6.0-project-to-the-latest-version

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2013 00:00

Similarly,

I have a v5.0 site that I need to upgrade, so we can implement some new content widgets.

I've read the upgrade documentation from the link above, but am just wanting to confirm that I've properly understood the required steps.

1.  Upgrade 5.0 -> 5.2
2.  Upgrade 5.2 -> 5.4
3.  Upgrade 5.4 -> 6.1

i.e. 3 steps of 2-version increments, skipping versions 5.1, 5.3 and 6.0

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello MB,

Yes you have understood correctly. 

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed