Reports on CMS usage

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:50

Reports on CMS usage

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi,

I have looked through the list of reports in Sitefinity Analytics and they all seem to be dealing with the usage of the website.  Are the any reporting capabilities on the CMS usage, showing things like who logged in when, etc?

Thanks,
Ray

Running the below SQL Query will give you some information about usage.

SELECT TOP 1000 [user_name]
      ,[salt]
      ,[password_question]
      ,[password_format]
      ,[password_answer]
      ,[passwd]
      ,[manager_info]
      ,[last_password_changed_date]
      ,[last_name]
      ,[last_modified]
      ,[last_login_ip]
      ,[last_login_date]
      ,[last_lockout_date]
      ,[last_activity_date]
      ,[is_logged_in]
      ,[is_locked_out]
      ,[is_backend_user]
      ,[is_approved]
      ,[id]
      ,[first_name]
      ,[fld_psswrd_ttempt_window_start]
      ,[failed_password_attempt_count]
      ,[fld_psswrd_nswr_ttmpt_wndw_str]
      ,[fld_psswrd_nswer_attempt_count]
      ,[email]
      ,[creation_date]
      ,[commnt]
      ,[app_name]
  FROM [YOURDBNAME].[dbo].[sf_users]

Additionally you can use the API.  See this documentation 

Good luck!

Thanks much Jonathan!  That is helpful...

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2013 00:00

hope to update this post soon with more info...

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Ray,

Google Analytics doesn't provide this kind of information, but you can create your own custom code that keeps track of the login history. It's up to you how would you save that kind of information, but on every successful login in Sitefinity there is an event raised: ILoginCompletedEvent and you can subscribe to it like this:

First you should do this in the Application_Start() method in the Global.asax class.

protected void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)
    Bootstrapper.Initialized += Bootstrapper_Initialized;

void Bootstrapper_Initialized(object sender, Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ExecutedEventArgs e)
   //...

And than in the Bootstrapper_Initialized() you can subscripe to the event when someone logs in, which looks like that:

void Bootstrapper_Initialized(object sender, Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ExecutedEventArgs e)
    EventHub.Subscribe<ILoginCompletedEvent>(OnLoginCompletedEventHandler);

public void OnLoginCompletedEventHandler(ILoginCompletedEvent e)
    // Custom Logic Here;

And in the handler you can save the information you get from the event which is who is that user and you can get the current time with DateTime.Now(). You can get some more information on Sitefinity Event System in the official documentation here and here.

Regards,
Ivan A. Petrov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi,

I have a similar question; how would we obtain logged information concerning what CMS users made edits to what pages?  Like, this person edited the landing page yesterday at 3:10 p.m., that person edited it 3 days ago at 2:45 p.m., etc. 

As I searched the web I noticed that if you set up a site map (http://www.enterprisefinity.com/products/sitemap-generator for example) this will provide info on the last person who edited pages.  Is there a way to have something more comprehensive set up? 

Thank you,
Ray

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2014 00:00

Hello Ray,

Unfortunately Sitefinity Analytics module does not support such functionality. It is not implemented in order to track backend changes. We could add a feature request for you in order to have this functionality in the future.

For each page you could see its Revision History, which is accessible from the Actions menu. There you could see each change which was made for the corresponding page.

Regards,
Vasya Stankova
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Vasya,

Thank you so much for responding.  I know that Sitefinity Analytics is only dealing with traffic from the outside and not with CMS stats.  I was wondering where I can obtain information concerning creating a custom solution for gathering stats of page usage, or of purchasing a custom solution. 

Anyone have any thoughts concerning this?

Have a wonderful day,
Ray

This thread is closed