Allow Users to Update their email

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:01

Allow Users to Update their email

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi,

I've been trying to just use the built in Widgets to allow my users to update their email address, but there doesn't appear to be any controls to do this.

Does anyone have a very simple example of a user control that will allow this?  (It would be great if it worked similar to the user Profile widget.)

Thank you
Regards
Byron Boardman

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello Byron,

This option is missing in that widget and it is reported as a bug in our Public Issue Tracking System

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Svetoslav,

Thank you for the reply.  since this isn't currently available as standard, does a coding sample exit to create a simple user control to update email address?

I'm happy for it to just update email and no other fields.

Thank you
Regards
Byron

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Byron,

In that code example you could find a sample of user management including the e-mail.

In addition, you could create your own custom widget with Sitefinity Thunder and use it in your project.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed