Search widget issue with paging.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:28

Search widget issue with paging.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello,
I have page where I display 10 items and then there is pager where I can select second page (this is for news items).
Problem starts when I try search word from news summary when 10 records per page is set. Searcher find 0 records. Then I go to my page where I publish news items and set no no limit 'Show all published items at once' after that I can find my word what I try find at first time.
Seems there is something with searching when content is split into pages.

Regards,

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello,

Does the scenario described is the same as the one in this video. I am able to search for all news items displayed on all pages. Even when the widget is paged it will still load all news items at the page.

If the test scenario where the problem occurs at your end differs from the one at the video please let me know what I am missing to replicate the issue and advise further on this.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello,

You search using Titles, but try add some Summary text and then take some word from summary field  located  on the second page or third page. Search does not find anything in my case.

Regards,

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Nov-2013 00:00

bump.

Hello,

I have tested indexing the summary field here is a video of the setup and test at my end, please let me know if the same setup is used at your end. I am able to find the results regardless of which page is the searched data currently placed.

If something differs at your end please let me know so I can recreate accordingly.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi, something wrong with link I can't see video. Can you fix video link?

Regards,

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

The link is fixed in my previous reply, here is the fixed link.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,
Thanks, I will check my Search widget settings for the summary field. :)

Regards,

This thread is closed