Get a list of pages where images are published

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:30

Get a list of pages where images are published

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2013 00:00

We are using Sitefinity 6.1 and are trying to cleanup our site to get rid of unused images in libraries from our development cycle.  In the admin tool Images library list there is a link that says "Pages where images are published."  Clicking this link displays a message that "No pages has been set to display content like this."  Is there some kind of tracking control we need to add to our pages?  What are we missing?  Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Jay,

"Pages where images are published." will show every page with Image gallery widget on it. I have tested this functionality on my test project and everything work without any problems.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2013 00:00

So it turns out "Pages where images are published" actually means "Pages where images are published inside image gallery widgets".  I guess some things get lost in translation.

This is not very useful.  For this feature to be worthwhile it needs to report all references to the images, whether they are in an Image widget, Image Gallery widget, or embedded inside a Content Block.

My first impression of this feature, based on its labeling, was that it would be a god-send for managing unused assets.  All those hopes were shattered when I actually tried to use it for this highly reasonable use-case.
</rant>

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Jay,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. I will forward it to our dev team and believe that it will be very helpful for them to improve this functionality in one of our future releases.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello all,

This feature is indeed too limited. It should list images in custom widgets and content items as well. I have submitted a feature request for that. It is listed in PITS here. Please vote for it to get this implemented!

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2014 00:00

Agreed. I was completely thrown by this feature. One bad point is that 'Image gallery'  is the only Sitefinity widget to show where they come from. The actual 'Image' control does not either. Suppose it was an attempt to implement a feature at it's most basic functionality. This will be exactly that though, 'a most basic' functionality. Now that our mouths are watering, it's 6.3 now and this still doesn't work. And then the PITS article above link does not work either.... How can I suggest the desire for this feature?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Richard,

Please check the following link where you can find this feature request submitted in or brand new feedback portal. All future bugs and feature requests will be logged in this portal, because PITS tracking system is discontinued.

Image content location

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2014 00:00

How about say, custom widgets that display news or events for instance? The pages containing them will never show. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Taha,

To achieve that, you have to implement IContentLocatableView interface in your custom widget. This is explained in details here: How to retrieve the default (canonical) front-end location of a particular content item

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed