Custom Fields in Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:54

Custom Fields in Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2013 00:00

Basically this:
www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx

I want my admins to be able to add/edit custom meta fields on pages, so I can then use those values from within various User/Web-Controls used at a template level.

I know I can implement hacks using the API, but seriously... this seems like such a basic functionality requirement, and has been in PITS essentially since V4.0 - which just reinforces my belief that PITS doesn't work.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2013 00:00

Yes please.  Just encountered "Yet Another Request That Custom Fields In Pages Would Have Solved Better" the other day.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback guys. I have passed along your interest in this feature. At this point it is not planned and I cannot give you an estimate when it will be implemented. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Atanas,

P.S. prior to SF6 the Google+ group was polled on this feature and the positive response was so overwhelming that the Telerik representative said they would try very hard to get it in for 6.0 or 6.1

It's been floating around for a while and has a lot of support.

The requested feature with the 2nd most votes is not planned to be implemented.

Pretty much sums up PITS for me.

This thread is closed