Questions about Community Edition

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:52

Questions about Community Edition

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2013 00:00

1. Where do I download community edition from? I only see  trial download, which will expire after a period of time.
  2. Does community edition include the same functionality as Standard or Professional or Enterprise edition?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

Using the Web Platform Installer through IIS search for Sitefinity you can install it from there.

This post will also assist you.
www.sitefinity.com/.../how-can-i-download-the-sitefinity-community-edition

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Sunil,

We have discarded the Community Edition and it is not available anymore. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with!

Regards,
Momchil Andreev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Momchil,

So if I I download and install a version on my localhost, is there a time limit for which I can run Sitefinity on localhost when using the trial version?
I would have thought, that a user could use it indefinitely on localhost to learn the system?

Thanks
Sunil

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Sunil,

There is indeed a time limit even on a localhost, and the time limit is the limitation of the trial itself - 30 days. Our main idea for the trial is to offer our customers access to the system, so they can decide if this is the right solution for them.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Momchil Andreev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi Momchil,

I am confused by your statemnent: "We have discarded the Community Edition and it is not available anymore.", because when I login to my Telerik account and go to free products section under 'Products & Subscriptions', I see  a download available that says 'Sitefinty Community Edition 6.3.5'. 
Please clarify.

Thanks
Sunil[quote]Momchil Andreev said:Hi Sunil,

There is indeed a time limit even on a localhost, and the time limit is the limitation of the trial itself - 30 days. Our main idea for the trial is to offer our customers access to the system, so they can decide if this is the right solution for them.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Momchil Andreev
Telerik
[/quote]

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Sunil,

Excuse me for confusing you! I failed to notice that you are a current Community Edition License Holder, which allows you to download the Community Edition going forward. Otherwise, we have indeed discarded the Community Edition, but wanted to honor every existing License Holder with the ability to take advantage of this edition.

I hope this clarifies things!

Regards,
Momchil Andreev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Momchil,

When I downloaded the community edition, it actually downloaded only the SDK for Sitefinity. This has confused me more. Could you please look into this? The download says community edition but it downloads the SDK. Please have a look at this video: screencast.com/.../L0Yj1Y0RdN

Thanks
Sunil

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Sunil,

Excuse me for the delay in my reply!

We are investigating the issue internally. I'll follow up with you as soon as it is resolved.

Regards,
Momchil Andreev
Telerik

This thread is closed