System Requirement for Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:00

System Requirement for Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi.
Can anyone please advise the suggested System Requirement for Sitefinity?
I have checked the document below and I found that the information in the document may not be accurate and without any usage assumption.
www.sitefinity.com/.../system-requirements

For example the hardware requirement in the document:
    CPU 1.0 GHz
    Memory consumption 512 MB
    Disk space 200 MB

But in realistic environment, the disk space used for Sitefinity 6.2 is already 2GB (which is 10 times of 200MB) and I think 512MB memory may not be appropriate for a CMS in public-facing website nowadays.

Can you please advise if there is any updated system requirement information?
Thanks.

Hello,

You could find a Sitefinity documentation, which will help on the following link

Regards,
Veneta Bogoeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi.
Thanks for your information.
But the link you provided also lacks the official information for disk space required for Sitefinity v6.x.
Also, I cannot estimate the required memory usage for Sitefinity based on the information of 500MB+ according to the link without the number of templates, users, contents, etc.
Do you have an official sizing guide for hardware based on measurable factors, eg. number of concurrent user, number of template, number of content, etc.? So we can have a easier and precise estimation?
Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

The size of the database and the project are strongly specific and depend on a lot of factors e.g. content, users, customizations and etc. (different content types are with different sizes e.g. you can upload an image with large size). That is why we don't provide exact official information.

The system requirements, that are published in our documentation are minimum system requirements, that means these requirements are for empty Sitefinity project.

You could provide us detailed information about your project. What specific content do you have – e.g. how many pages, which content types, how many users, what customization do you want to add and so on.

Regards,

Veneta Bogoeva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed